Whilst I was off on my jaunts (which I will be blogging about over the next few days), two of my blogging friends (Elle at eat run sail and Mrs DiscoBows at Disco & Bows) nominated me for a Liebster Award. It's not my normal type of post, but here goes...
Liebster is a German word that means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.
Rules for receiving this award:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Then answer the questions the tagger sent for them, plus create 11 questions for the people they’ve tagged to answer.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Notify the people you have tagged.
5. No tag backs.
Things about me:
1) I love the sea.
2) I love flying.
3) I'm very good at starting projects and not very good at finishing them. Hopefully, as I age I'm starting to buck this trend.
4) Gardening is a particular example of the above - I love gardening and always start with lots of good intentions and end up not giving the plants enough care and attention.
5) I'm much too worried about what other people think of me and I hate thinking that someone might be laughing at me.
6) If I could do everything I want to, I would need to be a superhero! My ideal weekly activities would be: 2-3 ballet lessons, karate lesson, homegroup, swimming, 1-2 runs, Spanish and/or French lessons, meeting with friends and one quiet night in.
7) I roller skated a LOT as a child (think artistic skating, like ice dancing). I was never great at it but got to the point of landing the odd double jump, which is pretty cool. I am, consequently, quite at home on eight wheels.
8) I have big feet (due to being tall). The other day, a shop assistant in a Spanish department store almost laughed when I asked for a shoe in my size (and it wasn't because of my awful Spanish pronunciation!).
9) I do both ends of the spectrum - tomboy-one-of-the-lads rigging (e.g. for fireworks) and lady-what-lunches (dressing up and enjoying dining out).
10) The fact that I've worked on about 30 fireworks shows does not dull my excitement when I see a show. Sometimes I even jump up and down when watching.
11) Pandas :)
Here's Elle's questions:
1. What is your favourite season? Why? Spring - because it gets lighter every day, there're sometimes snow and sometimes a mini-heatwave, and everything starts getting green :)
2. What is the most exotic place you have visited? Either Ecuador or Malaysia.
3. Do you have pets? What kind? Not currently, but I have plans (pipe dreams) to own several dogs :)
4. What is your favorite way to unwind? Ballet class or crochet.
5. Do you have any food issues? Special dietary needs? Not any more - as a child I was sensitive to several foods including cows milk.
6. Favorite snack? Soreen malt loaf.
7. Favorite flowers? I don't know much about flowers to be honest. I do like receiving flowers as gifts though.
8. Have you ever met any other bloggers? Mrs DiscoBows (for a coffee and chat when I was visiting near where she lives) and DaveTriesBallet (in a ballet class of course).
9. Do your real life friends and family members read your blog? Do they know about it? Some do but I think most don't. My blog only reflects part of my "real" life - it's kind of separate from me in some ways.
10. How do you celebrate your birthday? Normally, a nice meal out with A or similar. This year was a milestone so there was a bit more involved! I wrote about it here, here and here.
11. What motivates you to exercise and eat well? Vanity? Health? Performance? When I manage it, it's mostly because I enjoy it.
And here's Mrs DiscoBows':
Favourite Food? I love love love food so this quite hard. Right now it would be tapas, especially calamari and bread with aioli.
What had you been drinking the last time you had a hangover? A surprisingly small amount of wine.
Most unattractive quality in a person? Over-familiarity
Where would you most like to take a vacation? So many places! Italy and Greece are particularly high up the list. And I'm desperate to return to South East Asia.
Favourite song to dance to? Anything by S Club!
Favourite item of clothing? A Ghost dress that A treated me to in the sales about three years ago - it's beautifully delicate and looks so elegant on. I struggle to wear it out though as no event seems quite right for the dress!
Savoury or sweet? Both!
Sun or Snow? Sun, but only just.
Your worse trait? Laziness and messiness.
Favourite colour? Cornflower blue.
Life motto? I don't think I have one. But if I have the chance of trying something new, I think it's important to do it.
I'm copping out on nominating others though. That's your lot folks :)