Yup, it's been a year since I squeezed into some leggings and plucked up the courage to attend my first ballet class in 12 years. And it's been quite a year...
1) Ballet almost instantly replaced karate as my workout of choice (much to the disappointment of my karate chums). But whereas I quite enjoy karate and have good friends in the club, I really love taking ballet classes.
2) I bought a leotard, after a bit of soul-searching to figure out if a 30-year-old should be wearing a leotard.
3) I met the lovely Becca through twitter and then in person at a ballet class. A great post-class tea and chat partner!
4) We sat in Trafalgar Square to watch my first ballet (and got cold and stiff!).
5) Over the summer, I set some personal records: ballet classes attended in one day (two) and over one week (four). These numbers will be broken in the next few months!
6) I took part in the first Ballet Tweep Meet up, as organised by Becca, where I met several other lovely ballet-types and had a fabulous class with Karis from EverybodyBallet.
7) I attended my first (and second) ever live ballets at the Royal Opera House.
I've taken lessons with seven different teachers in five different studios and two different cities. Not bad going for 12 months :)