Things I love about parkrun:
- it's reliable - any Saturday morning, 9am, it's happening.
- it doesn't take too much out of your weekend.
- I get an official time and usually a race photo!
|Photo courtesy of Peter Cook (flickr photostream)|
- being beaten around the 5k route by children. Some are really quite little too :(
- being lapped! The Reading course is effectively a straight, two loops and straight back to the finish. I normally get lapped by a few people as I finish my first loop and they finish their second. However, this Saturday was obviously super-fast and I was lapped very early on by quite a few people (and a dog!)
- not getting a PB, which I didn't this time. I thought I probably would because I've been running more recently. Oh well.
For more info on parkrun visit the offical parkrun website.