Now, as we all know, my "event" build up hasn't been entirely great, so I thought a list of just five would help remind me of the good things that I did manage to do. It accidentally turned into a list of eight...
1) Started running early - I was going out for 2 and 3 mile runs back in October.
2) Found a partner-in-crime - having a regular running evening with a friend made me more likely to go running and to increase the distance gradually. And it was more fun.
3) Discovering that I can keep running whilst in some (moderate) pain. Especially when I started getting sore knees.
4) I went back to parkrun and accidentally PB'ed.
5) I ran in the rain!
6) I discovered how much easier it is to run in daylight and sunshine (which sounds obvious but wasn't).
7) I got out of bed at 6am on a Saturday to fit a run into a busy weekend.
8) I ran 9 miles! All by myself too :)
I am ready
|We had a bit of a running photoshoot this evening. More to come...|